As a ‘one-stop choice’ of premium quality optics for the Photonics community, BMV has received the greatest of compliments from its customers, continued business and growth. Of course as we grow we require additional team members to join our unique company. If you are bright, revel in a challenge and are looking for a career opportunity as part of a dynamic team, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that all resumes should be accompanied by a forwarding letter.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
Thin Film Optical Coating Technician / Assembly Technician
BMV Optical Technologies Inc. - Ottawa, ON
BMV Optical Technologies provides manufacturing services for precision optical components and optical systems. Products include lenses, laser windows, beamsplitters, prisms, machined glass components, as well as optical coatings. Industries served include Telecom, Military, Medical, Research and Development, and Industrial Applications.
Currently seeking a Full Time Thin Film Optical Coating Technician that is primarily responsible for the design and application of thin film optical coatings to a variety of precision optical components. The successful candidate will also be responsible for performing the verification of optical specifications, as well as coating machine operation and maintenance. Complete training can be provided for this position.
• Design of full range of optical thin film coatings, including but not limited to: Anti-Reflection, High Reflection, Beam Splitting Partial Reflectors, Etc.
• Operate vacuum coating chamber to deposit high performance multi-layer thin film coatings on precision optical components
• Cleaning and loading of optical components into custom fixtures in preparation for coating run
• Use of spectrophotometer to verify optical specifications
• Maintain chamber including disassembly, cleaning and reassembly
• Perform quality inspection, tests, and some analysis
• Monitor equipment for operating parameters and notify supervisor of any problems
• Visually inspect all products received for conformance to specifications before and after coating
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tools, and overall department
• Precision build of high-quality lens assemblies
• Use adhesives to bond and precisely align lenses
• Work with measuring devices, small hand tools, and components
• Work with CNC Lens centering machines
• Perform functional testing and inspection operations
• Follow written and verbal assembly procedures
• Work well under close supervision, independently, and in a team environment
• Perform other duties assigned such as packaging and material handling
Experience & Qualifications:
• College technical diploma or higher in related field (Photonics engineering preferred)
• Previous manufacturing environment experience an asset
• Good mechanical aptitude problem solving and decision-making skills
• Detail oriented with good communication and time management skills
• Work in a safe manner and possess basic knowledge in health & safety regulations
• Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Cooperate with management and coworkers
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
• Willing to work overtime as required
Application Documents: Résumé & Cover Letter
• Group Benefits Plan (Medical, Dental)
• Paid Holidays
• Competitive Salaries
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
About BMV – Ottawa, ON
BMV Optical Technologies Inc. is a leading Canadian manufacture of precision optical systems and components used primarily in laser-based industries. A complete solution provider, BMV provides optical, thin film and mechanical design to compliment our complete in-house manufacturing, opto-mechanical assembly, metrology, and machine shop services. BMV’s continued success is a result of our ongoing commitment to Excellent Quality and Unsurpassed Customer Service. BMV is ISO 9001:2015 certified and registered under the Controlled Goods Program.
Location: Canada, Ontario, Nepean
General Accountability and Summary
As well as overseeing daily sales activities, the ideal candidate will utilize a strong technical background to lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners to build new business for the company. This candidate will be driven, focused and have strong communication and relationship skills. Working closely with Senior Leadership and engineering, the Business Development Manager will strive to maximize business performance and team effectiveness at all levels within our organization.
• As a trusted advisor working with senior leadership, you will be responsible for the development of long-term strategic direction.
• Responsible for the implementation of the corporate revenue growth plan.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with both new and existing customers to determine solution requirements with a focus on growth and development.
• Engage in regular follow up with key customer contacts.
• Work with senior leadership to confirm staffing levels to ensure that projected backlog can be adequately staffed with appropriately qualified personnel.
• Represent BMV at key conferences and trade shows.
• Occasional site visits to active and prospective clients to maintain and develop relationship management.
• Monitor impact of marketing and sales activities; assist in the development of marketing literature.
• As needed, marketing and sales material for customer sales activities and conferences/trade shows.
• Maintains a CRM customer and opportunities database.
Skills & Competencies
• Proven level of Optics and Photonics technical understanding to ensure that you have the ability to discuss complex customers’ requirements and ensure this is communicated to the factory.
• Ability to navigate the sales process and act as a trusted advisor to motivate sales and close business.
• Strategic account management.
• Analytical, strategic, and collaborative.
• Superior interpersonal skills who is relationship oriented.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer centric.
• Strong Problem-Solving capabilities and Innovative thinker.
• Team player who is able to work proactively in a small team environment.
• Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills.
• Strong business ethics and exercises sound judgement.
• Professional, intrinsically self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Professional Experience, Qualifications & Education
• BA/BS in Optics or Physics, Electronics or other engineering degree.
• 5+ years’ experience in related Optics/Photonics technical sales position.
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong consultive sales skills.
• Experience in customer support is an asset.
• Fully versed with Microsoft Office suites.
• Willing and able to travel for business development activities (10% to 20%).
Application Documents: Résumé & Cover Letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: To Be Determined
Health & Dental Plan
Company phone and possible company car